Easy Banana Snacks
Did somebody say Banana? Everyone loves bananas because they are delicious and healthy. You can eat them raw as a fruit or mash them and prepare some delicious banana bread or maybe banana pancakes with them. We decided to transform them into animals. Interested in how we created them?
So because we love bananas, we were thinking about how to make them more appealing to kids. We decided to create something that is not just healthy but which also looks fun - and kids just can't get enough of it!
We created two animal designs:
For creating Banana Butterflies you will need:
- 1 strawberry
- Handful of raisins
- 1 banana
- Handful of pretzels
- First you have to peel the banana and cut it in 2-3 pieces, depending on its size.
- Place the banana pieces on the platter.
- Add the pretzels for the wings.
- Next, cut out the butterfly’s antennae and mouth from a strawberry and position these details in place on the banana.
- Almost done! But now we have to give the butterflies their eyes, right? Cut the raisins into thin slices and position them on your butterflies.
Can’t get enough? Prepare a delicious banana dog for your kids. They will just love it!
For our second animal we decided to create a dog. To create a delicious banana dog you will need:
- A Banana
- Peel the banana and slice it in half (horizontally).
- Now cut off 2-3 cm at one end of the banana.
- Place the longer piece of banana horizontally on the plate and the shorter one vertically at the part where you cut it off before.
- Now take a small knife and cut two legs, a tail and a pair of ears.
- Add raisins for the nose and eyes.
- Lastly, decorate your plate with raspberries!
Remember: To prepare our healthy recipes for kids you can use different toppings and fun fruit combinations, depending on whatever you’ve got in the kitchen! Make sure you check out the rest of our healthy recipes.
You can always create more animals based on your preferences. We would love to see your creations. Share your pictures on Instagram and tag us with @babysits.